We are a Boutique CNC Machining and Product Prototype Shop located in Port Coquitlam, BC, Canada.
- Creative and Conceptual – We can help envision products from the ground up, facilitating brainstorming and creative sessions to explore various product designs and options.
- Industrial Design and Product Design – We can work with you to bring your products to life, starting with anything from a napkin sketch to fully-dimensioned Engineering drawings.
- Design for Manufacture and Optimization – We will help you understand the manufacturing process and trade offs between design decisions and manufacturing costs.
- CNC Machining – Our in house CNC Machining Services include Milling and Turning as well as a CNC Router for wood and composites. Most parts can be machined and iterated within days.
- 3D Printing – We have a fleet of FDM and SLA 3D Printers in house which are able to create low-cost, easily iterated prototype models to streamline the iteration process.
- Laser Cutting – We have a small laser in house, and laser partners for efficient and cost effective processing of sheet metal, acrylic, and wood.
- Finishing and Coatings – We routinely work with paint, anodizing, and plating partners to provide finished parts for our customers.
We Are Not a Traditional Machine Shop
Our shop is not a “traditional” machine shop with rigid process and a high barrier to entry for our services. We like to meet each of our clients at a level that is appropriate for their needs and participate as a partner in the manufacturing process.
You don’t need to be an expert to bring your parts here to be made with quality and attention to detail. We can help you to understand how the machining processes work and make recommendations to improve quality and reduce the cost of manufacturing your parts.
We focus on quality and attention to detail on every part we produce and endeavour to always have a satisfied customer at the end of the process.
Most of our customers come from “non-traditional manufacturing” verticals, or are operating in areas that are highly specialized, or require low-volume, high iteration processes to refine.
Some verticals we service:
- High Tech Companies – Robotics, Integrated Electronics, Motor Mounts, Brackets, and Assemblies for Physical/Digital Interfaces
- Custom Automotive and Racing Applications – One-off Machined Prototypes, Parts Made-to-Order, Dress Up and Decorative Accessories, Car Tuning Parts, Modifications
- Electronics Enclosures and Sensors – Camera Mounts, Electronics Chassis Components, Sealed Enclosures for Environmental or Security
- Security and Facility Enhancements – Locksmith Accessories, Commercial Security Products, Enclosures and Brackets for Commercial and Industrial Applications
- Entrepreneurs and Product Prototyping – Design of Consumer Electronics, Prototypes for Crowdfunding like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, Working Prototypes for Beta Testing or Investment
Latest News from Big T’s Chop Shop
YouTube: Machine Tending With Tormach ZA6 & Versabuilt MultiGrip Ep3
Sept 2021: Shop and Business Update
YouTube: Machine Tending With Tormach ZA6 & Versabuilt MultiGrip Ep2
May 2021: Shop and Business Update